How you wash your face makes a difference. What are the steps you take to face washing? Here are the recommended steps according to general dermatologists:
1) Use a gentle cleanser that does NOT contain alcohol.
2) Use your fingertips to apply cleanser. Anything else (even a wash clothe) can irritate your skin.
3) Use lukewarm water.
4) Resist the urge to scrub harshly.
5) Apply moisturizer once your skin is clean.
6) Limit to face washing to twice a day and immediately after sweating. Anything more will dry out the skin.
Be sure to contact your general dermatologist for any questions or concerns you may have.